Posted on November 7, 2020
What Does a Collision Repair Service Do?
Driving down a long winding road watching the sunset is a lovely thought. But, what if your vehicle is suddenly involved in an accident? Collisions are becoming very common these days due to negligence or reckless driving. Sometimes the vehicle is completely destroyed in an accident or the body suffers extensive damage. Even dents and scratches spoil the appearance of the car.
If you are living in Austin, Texas, you need to find a good collision centre near me. The technicians will survey the degree of damage suffered by the car due to collision and then repair it accordingly. They will also replace door glasses and windshields if needed. The repair process generally consists of the following stages:
1. Estimate – This is a preliminary estimate after the external damage is surveyed. The data is entered into their systems and a rough estimation of the cost of repairs will be provided.
2. Approval by Insurance Company – The insurance company will check the estimated figure and may negotiate on the price. The company will also determine if a vehicle is beyond repair.
3. Disassembly & Ordering Parts – The inner damage is inspected and the replacement parts are ordered based on their availability. Sometimes the repair process may get stalled until parts are available.
4. Structure & Body Repair – In structural repair, a computerized system is used to inspect the frame of the car. Body repair consists of replacing of exterior panels and installing the sheet metal.
5. Paint – The panels are sealed and primed and then the coats of paint are applied.
6. Reassembly & Completion – The final moldings are installed and the vehicle is also cleaned of all dust. It is also tested on the road to ensure that the repair process has been successful. The electrical systems of the car are checked to make sure that they are all functioning properly. Now that the collision repair is over, the customer can come to pick up their car.