Posted on October 5, 2020
Saving Energy Ideas For Your Home
Needs for energy efficiency in the home is a hot topic in today’s world. Not only do we face the environmental impact of our excessive energy consumption, but people are starting to feel the pinch in their wallets and are naturally looking for ways to save on home energy and money.
Here are some energy saving ideas for your home are worth knowing:
Adjust your thermostat settings for energy savings based on the time of year.
- During the summer, increasing your thermostat to 78 degrees. If you are going out or away from your home for more than four hours, consider raising it from 5 to 10 degrees or more. Know more the ideas of saving energy via https://en.isaveair.com/how-to-save-energy.
- During the winter, lower your thermostat setting during the day to between 65 and 70 degrees. At night or when you are away from home for a few hours, set the thermostat to 58 degrees.
- If your house has a heat pump, avoid running the emergency heat by increasing the temperature slowly.
- Position the washing machine near your hot water heater for heat loss when the water flows through the pipes.
- Additional energy saving ideas will include pipe insulation water from your hot water heater and wrap your heater with an insulation blanket for a water heater. Latest energy saving tip is especially important if your hot water heater is in the area of heating your home.
- Installing low-flow faucets and shower heads. They are inexpensive, easy to install, and are great for reducing energy use and hot water.
- Collect rainwater in buckets or rain barrels and then use it to water your plants.
- Use solar powered lighting accents in your garden and along the track.
- Install low-energy LED lights and night lights that come with photo sensors in bathrooms, bedrooms and hallways.
- Consider installing a timer and dimmer light switches to increase energy savings. Be sure to use energy-saving light bulbs dimmable with a dimmer switch.
- In areas where bright light is not always necessary or desirable, level lighting control with three-way lamps. Remember to use a three-way bulb for this purpose.
- Use low energy LED lights for holiday lighting.
More energy-saving a few ideas to help reduce your electricity bill, including turning off lights when you leave a room and clean up your lights regularly.
You can easily run into real money-saving energy in the near future by just simply putting the ideas and energy-saving tips into practice starting today.